The best stocking stuffers for kids aren’t necessarily expensive or even unique. When children run to their stocking in excitement of something new to play with or eat, it’s the sheer joy of the unknown, the surprise, that triggers their smiles and emotion. Unless your family has made a tradition of placing expensive gifts into your child’s over-size socks, then rest assured that yours will be over-joyed with whatever you lovingly place inside.
A good mixture of stuff is my approach. I like to include candies, both hard and chewy, and then some age appropriate toys or little gadgets if they’re older. I’ve even used small, travel sized games. For smaller children its always a winner to include simple things like bouncy balls, spinning tops, stickers, and even Hot Wheels. Here are some of my favorite small and inexpensive stocking stuffer ideas at Amazon.
Best Stocking Stuffers For Kids
Here’s a great video as well if you haven’t already made your own Christmas Stockings. In the video you’ll learn how to do it, step by step, and create your own unique holiday tradition. If you would like to buy a stocking kit to make it easier, but still do it yourself, Amazon has lots of Christmas Stocking Ideas.
Here some more of my favorite stocking stuffer ideas:
- Have you ever played Treasure Hunt with your children? When our son was young we would hide one or two of his larger presents, and then place instructions inside his stocking (tucked inside a plastic egg or something). Then you get to enhance the fun family time even more as you watch your child follow the clues towards their amazing Christmas present. So, for example, the first clue that he would find inside the toy would lead him, to say, his dog’s favorite sleeping spot. Once there he would discover the next clue, and so on. This is a guaranteed way to spice up the experience and is one of the very best stocking stuffers for kids.
- Be sure to stuff in some long candy canes so that your child sees them right away before they even get to the stocking. These Jumbo Peppermint Sticks are a great choice.
- I always like to have something personal in there, too. How about some of their favorite homemade cookies, or brownies? Maybe it’s a picture of mom and dad next to new bike, which happens to be hidden in the closet with a nice big bow on it.
- Tickets are always great stocking stuffers for children. This can be to their favorite new movie, a gift certificate for a cool new game or CD, or whatever they’ve been wanting. Maybe it’s tickets to fly and see Grandma and Grandpa!
- I read of one family where the father was serving away in the military and couldn’t be there, so he sent a video to greet the children on Christmas morning. Mom placed the tv remote in one of the stockings with a note that said watch me. Of course she had the video set up to play once they turned the tv on, but what an amazing surprise and gift! Love is the best stocking stuffers ever.
Stocking Stuffer Ideas
Remember, of course, what Christmas and the season is all about. If your family is one of faith then its appropriate to include some themed stickers, coloring books or ornaments. The bottom line is that as a family its about love, sharing and caring… remembering how precious love is. I hope you found this article helpful and found some new stocking stuffers for kids.